Thread: G41 sniper??

Default G41 sniper??

With this seller it cant be real

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/787057306

I have a g41 with this exact mount and scope (except it’s a lined out ‘40 zf41) with the exact same finish.They appear to have been together for some time and show a bit of use. Darren Weavers book “Hitlers Garands” addresses these mounts. The surviving documents show a stamped steel mount. There are no known surviving mounts matching the pictures. I have also seen cans for sale but have never had one in hand. The mount in the auction is beefy and well made but until some proof comes to light we will have to assume these are post war. Most likely from that little place in France that makes reproduction stuff.
    Last edited by rick walter; 9th October 2018 at 06:39 AM.

the rifle is crap and the mount a total repro.. scope looks real.. bid away !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rick walter View Post
    I have a g41 with this exact mount and scope (except it’s a lined out ‘40 zf41) with the exact same finish.They appear to have been together for some time and show a bit of use. Darren Weavers book “Hitlers Garands” addresses these mounts. The surviving documents show a stamped steel mount. There are no known surviving mounts matching the pictures. I have also seen cans for sale but have never had one in hand. The mount in the auction is beefy and well made but until some proof comes to light we will have to assume these are post war. Most likely from that little place in France that makes reproduction stuff.
    If your scope has the Zf40 lined out and re stamped ZF41 then that means the scope was used on a K98k. Same goes with the scope in this auction. Except this one never was on a G41 since it has no line out.

Provenance: The Allan Cors Collection
    Aaaaaaand more crap from the Cors collection....

Quote Originally Posted by rick walter View Post

French post war for the collector market
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

What is going on with the bayonet lug? Why is it angled?

Quote Originally Posted by KKW22cal View Post
    Looks like a k98 bayo mount spliced onto the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by KKW22cal View Post
    It's either an original bayonet lug that's missing the pin and was forced downwards, bending the lug's wings in the process, or it's a modified K98 lug to make the rifle look complete. I almost think it's the latter as the seller only shows pictures of the exterior of the rifle. With 73 pictures one should reasonably expect to see close ups of the bolt group internals, the Bang system internals and the bayonet lug. Instead, we see repeat pictures of the butt stock splice, the scope markings, the wrist and the bore. The current price is OK but if it goes significantly beyond $3.5k, someone will need a lot of butthurt salve.

I appreciate the responses.