Thread: Zf41

Default Zf41

Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Is this legit? So many of these were put together after the war by importers many using makes that never had the ZF41s.

This is at least one from a maker of these but production (officially) ended before 1945.

Anyone able to verify this as a "real" one

I mentioned this on a gunbroker thread:

The gun looks good, unmessed with to me but the numbers are not matching further giving reason to suggest a put together rifle

In my limited knowledge I have a couple of concerns (might be my limited knowledge)
    The scope says duv which is a rifle maker and did make ZF41 equipped rifles but they did not make ZF41 scopes
    Does this mean this was originally mounted to a duv rifle and after the war mounted on this Oberndorf?

If I am in error please LMK so I can correct my remarks
    "The right to keep and bear arms should not be infringed upon, if only to prevent tyranny in government"
    Thomas Jefferson,; Constitutional debates

Hard to say but, A large amount of zf41's and HT snipers were made in the BYF45 no letter block. Lots of legit examples exist

In mid 1944 Mauser stopped making the ZF41 as a "optic rifle." However, in late 1944 and early 1945 they assembled several ZF41 rifles. Likely because they had the parts and decided to use them (and might have needed them). All original mounts are marked duv since BLM always made the mounts. Scopes were produced by several companies (check my website for a full list). Only three companies ever made the ZF41 (BLM, Mauser B and Mauser O). By 1944 Mauser O was the only company making them.

What's up with the R on top of the wrist?

Quote Originally Posted by mdarnell19 View Post
    In mid 1944 Mauser stopped making the ZF41 as a "optic rifle." However, in late 1944 and early 1945 they assembled several ZF41 rifles. Likely because they had the parts and decided to use them (and might have needed them). All original mounts are marked duv since BLM always made the mounts. Scopes were produced by several companies (check my website for a full list). Only three companies ever made the ZF41 (BLM, Mauser B and Mauser O). By 1944 Mauser O was the only company making them.
    What is your website?

Quote Originally Posted by rick walter View Post
    What is your website?
    https://www.wwiigermansniper.com