Thread: qve 45 K43

Default qve 45 K43

Hi all, I had to restart my profile as I could not obtain access to my old user name but, I finally found a K43 at a recent gun show. Its a qve 45, but sadly post war re-barreled to 30.06. Stock is newer and it came with a repro scope and mount. I have since found an 8mm qve 45 barreled receiver so I stripped most of the 30.06 parts to get it back to an 8mm rifle. Im in the process of getting parts to complete the 30.06 one. The good part is the fact that the bolt to the 8mm came with it so I wont be swapping those.

Has anyone else come across one chambered in 30.06?

Pictures are of the the way I bought it chambered in 30.06. Only way that it was marked was the bolt carrier was ground down slightly and stamped with a 30-06 indication.

ouch...interesting...never saw one reconfigured for the ought6

Thee used to be a guy who advertised in the OLD shot gun news 30 years ago, who offered to do this nefarious deed.
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Ive spent hours trying to find examples of these re-chambered into 30.06 and have come across very little info. One thing I read mentioned that a company called North American Arms got a hold of some of these in the 50's and made them 30.06. Not sure of the validity of that but I dont doubt it. I did scroll through the database on Claus Espeholt's site and found 2-3 that were mentioned as being chambered in 30.06. Im just happy to have the 8mm receiver ready to go after some more fine tuning.