Thread: Few questions about my G41(M)

Default Few questions about my G41(M)

Hi

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a decent G41(M). It's a somewhat later version, ser nr 8125. It's mostly matching and original, bolt and gas cylinder "cover" is mismatching but also WW2 vintage.

However I am wondering about a few details of the rifle after I stripped it down and took the action out of the stock:

1. How exactly does the magazine body release-plunger work? How is the magazine body removed? I tried pushing the plunger but the body would not budge in any direction
    2. The rifle has mostly matching parts, incl stock and trigger-guard. However inside the trigger guard (top side, ie internal side) there is a nr "325" even though the trigger guard has the matching serial on the bottom (external side)? What does the 325 refer to? Same 325 is inside the magazine body as well, but the mag body is also matching on the outside serial vs the rest of the rifle.
    3. Related to nr 2: on the frame, right side under the wood, is something that looks like a serial, but with the first nr “ground of” and the rest reads “1475”. The rifle has not been modified in any way (like a number ground of or similar).
    4. Is there any easy way to disassemble the bolt? It is filled with dried grease so I was hoping to clean it.
    5. About operation: when firing semi-auto is the bolt locked open after the last round? And release using the “bolt handle release-lever” on right side of receiver?

The rifle is super interesting, and was filled with cosmo, sawdust (?) and a few dead flies, maybe from WW2

Thanks a bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubakles View Post
    Hi

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a decent G41(M). It's a somewhat later version, ser nr 8125. It's mostly matching and original, bolt and gas cylinder "cover" is mismatching but also WW2 vintage.

However I am wondering about a few details of the rifle after I stripped it down and took the action out of the stock:

1. How exactly does the magazine body release-plunger work? How is the magazine body removed? I tried pushing the plunger but the body would not budge in any direction
    2. The rifle has mostly matching parts, incl stock and trigger-guard. However inside the trigger guard (top side, ie internal side) there is a nr "325" even though the trigger guard has the matching serial on the bottom (external side)? What does the 325 refer to? Same 325 is inside the magazine body as well, but the mag body is also matching on the outside serial vs the rest of the rifle.
    3. Related to nr 2: on the frame, right side under the wood, is something that looks like a serial, but with the first nr “ground of” and the rest reads “1475”. The rifle has not been modified in any way (like a number ground of or similar).
    4. Is there any easy way to disassemble the bolt? It is filled with dried grease so I was hoping to clean it.
    5. About operation: when firing semi-auto is the bolt locked open after the last round? And release using the “bolt handle release-lever” on right side of receiver?

The rifle is super interesting, and was filled with cosmo, sawdust (?) and a few dead flies, maybe from WW2

Thanks a bunch!
    Post some photos of the parts in question.

Sorry for the delay, just snapped some pictures of the "325" number on the trigger guard and the magazine body. Did not have time to take the action out of the stock right now.
    Like I wrote the parts all otherwise matching but wondered about the 325-marking on the inside. Maybe some manufacturing/batch number?

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images