Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SS ???? Really ?????

Default SS ???? Really ?????

Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Donít see any SS markings but it does look like a decent WW1 sniper. I have never seen bases marked with imperial proofs. Interesting example. There were many thousands of these guns used in WW1 in all sorts of configurations. Ones that survived were put to use again in WW2 and consumed.There are known photos of SS troops using these but to say it is an SS rifle is misleading.

Seller's Quote: Clearly recycled from WWI-era parts, both mounts have been screwed and roughly soldered on, undoubtedly by an SS unit armor, while the scope rings have been soldered to the scope tube.

Fantasy Island has a new script writer

I know almost nothing about WW1 snipers, but I really feel there is no way that a German craftsman would do such shoddy work on a sniper, plus all of the fake markings. Total craptacular heap.
    Buy the Karabiner98k and Kriegsmodell book direct from the authors - www.thirdpartypress.com

To beat a dead horse, I believe those papers were made using modern printing methods.

I didnít look at it that close or read description as I was headed out shopping. The seller is known shit sniper peddler. The bolt cut out looks fake also. The bases are poorly soldered. the stamps look authentic (who would have those or even bother?). Oh well others are already throwing away their Holiday money bidding on it.

This Rifle was just Bought from RIA latest Auction , Selling Price was ($8625 OTD) $8625 for a total POS Fantasy Sniper Rifle .
    Secondly if it was in fact an SS Sniper it would not be in Gewehr Configuration it would be in G98m Configuration and it would have a Ziel-Dialyt Scope with Greifelt Suhl & Co. Mounts . I hope that Commonwealth loses their Ass on this Auction !!!! .

8625???!!!

Wish in one hand, defecate in the other, see which one fills up first.......

Was this an original matching G98 that someone destroyed into this fake?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast