Thread: Def's Hed

Default Def's Hed

Possibly the worst I've ever seen......

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/787989436

Or maybe not.....

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/795673725

Check out the other ABSOLUTE shit, this pompous ass is selling as real ......
    Last edited by Dave; 3rd January 2019 at 02:41 PM.
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

The first one is smiling at me and the second one looks like Bart Simpson. I'll take 'em.

I love these tabs. Nice fantasy creation by someone with imagination.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/788441901

Obviously we never heard of the top secret SS Unterseeboot flotilla that operated out of the port of Arschloch in Germany.

Soldiers of the Waffen SS in an assault boat, 1942 - Stock Image
    It appears there were SS assault boat units. Those collar tabs if fake are quite well done. Examine the photos again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rick walter; 4th January 2019 at 06:55 AM.

These tabs are pure fantasy. Aluminium/black piping for officers was used only between May 1933 and October 1934, way before Waffen SS even existed. Tabs are done very badly, construction is off, quality especially of embroidery is low and there is no unterlagen under runes. They are not even close to what original would be and anchor addition is fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by tokarev38 View Post
    These tabs are pure fantasy. Aluminium/black piping for officers was used only between May 1933 and October 1934, way before Waffen SS even existed. Tabs are done very badly, construction is off, quality especially of embroidery is low and there is no unterlagen under runes. They are not even close to what original would be and anchor addition is fantasy.
    Thank you for the clarification.That is why I come here, to learn. I donít collect any these types of things but it seems reasonable the SS would require the use of trained teams in situations where water was an obstacle. Fakes abound in all fields. Further thought does make it unlikely there would be a special collar patch for troops so assigned

Quote Originally Posted by rick walter View Post
    Thank you for the clarification.That is why I come here, to learn. I donít collect any these types of things but it seems reasonable the SS would require the use of trained teams in situations where water was an obstacle. Fakes abound in all fields. Further thought does make it unlikely there would be a special collar patch for troops so assigned

Waffen SS divisions fell under OKW command as far as combat deployment and operations. They were usually attached to armies or army groups under OKW command. Those formations, both Heer and Waffen SS used technical, support and pioneer units to deal with terrain obstacles like rivers for example. Such units were attached to divisions and other tactical formations. They were distinguished by a waffen farbe, which is a color of piping on shoulder boards like any other specialty within military. Pioneer was black, infantry white, artillery red, ect.
    In short in Waffen SS right tab had runes, except Totenkopf division which had a skull and foreign valunteers' divisions which had different. often national symbols instead of runes. Additional numbers, symbols or letters next to the runes were worn in early Allgemeine SS. That is of course very general and some differences might exist. SS insignia is a very wide subject. No anchor however.
    These fakes are easy to spot. There are much, much better ones around, especially early skull tabs which may run 3 or 4k for a tab.

SELLER SEZ>>> " This is not my first rodeo.Ö......................................"

and this is true, seller has been a badly brain damaged Rodeo Klown for years....

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Possibly the worst I've ever seen......

Or maybe not.....

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/795673725
    That's just silly with the googlie eyes.