Thread: bnz 45

Default bnz 45

Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

This guy is "local" at only 3 hours away. He took over a huge p38 collection but it was almost all junk. Is this one the real deal?

To me, looks like a scrubbed/cleaned stock. The bands and floorplate look redone. That phosphate color just looks off. I did not pay much attention to the bolt, but looks like it may have an overstamp.

Quote Originally Posted by ugafx4 View Post
    To me, looks like a scrubbed/cleaned stock. The bands and floorplate look redone. That phosphate color just looks off. I did not pay much attention to the bolt, but looks like it may have an overstamp.
    The stock definitely had a long term relationship with a piece of sand paper, which makes the grease oozing out of every crack just a foolish sales prop. Trigger guard and barrel bands spent some quality time in a parkerizing hot tub together with Springfield 03A3 parts. The wood screws are directly from OSH's going-out-of-business sale and I can almost smell the cold blue. Who monkeyed with the rear sight set screw and WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by GunKraut View Post
    The stock definitely had a long term relationship with a piece of sand paper, which makes the grease oozing out of every crack just a foolish sales prop. Trigger guard and barrel bands spent some quality time in a parkerizing hot tub together with Springfield 03A3 parts. The wood screws are directly from OSH's going-out-of-business sale and I can almost smell the cold blue. Who monkeyed with the rear sight set screw and WHY?
    LOL. Your comments are hilarious but spot on. Bolt and sling cutouts are waaay rounded over. Color and finish 'grain' on the bands is wrong as you point out. Screws are a joke. Not even close. 2k? Hard pass

See what Dave has taught us all...piece is tinkered with...