Thread: could you guys look this over for a friend please? auction ends soon

Default could you guys look this over for a friend please? auction ends soon

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/801834101

my good buddy Mopar George would like to purchase this Greek Mauser but not if it's a "humped up turd". I sent him here to ask the experts. thanks much and what would you guess is a fair top price?
    Bob Walker Jr.
    Gunbroker and ebay name: walkerheaders

I am not an expert, but as time is limited, it appears the stock has been sanded (only a hint of cartouche remains), something is going on with the butt plate (looks like it was Altered with a Dremel or something). If there is time hopefully someone else may chime in. Look online for good examples. I have no idea of the value

I think it's been dicked with ///// no bueno
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Kind of like the seller states, "force matched, serial numbers including receiver, bolt, and stock. Metal finish is nice blue, possibly reblue, showing a little wear. Stock has been sanded and refinished. Right side buttstock has a later added matching serial number cartouche.

So definitely not ORIGINAL.

thanks much guys, Mopar George didnt fall for the hysteria, it went for $948 probably about $248 more than worth.
    Bob Walker Jr.
    Gunbroker and ebay name: walkerheaders