Thread: WW2 German sniper rifle

Default WW2 German sniper rifle

Being a lifelong Californian, at 74, it is time to sell my WW2 stuff, which mainly consists of German, American, and Russian. Doing American and Russian was easy, but the Germans had many variations, and I think I have them all. I'm taking mostly German snipers, but don't have a clue as to what I should price for one. I have 17. Any notions on what they are worth?

Real, un-messed with ones? Lots of $$$$$$$$$$$.

Default Sepp44

Quote Originally Posted by Willi View Post
    Real, un-messed with ones? Lots of $$$$$$$$$$$.
    Willi: I was born 2 days before America sent soldiers against Germany. I knew lots of soldiers who were in both wars, Japan and Germany. Meeting those guys stunned me. I got a trifle obsessive, and by the time I got out of college, I was obsessed with WW2. I have stuff from that period, but never from Japan. Every man I met in that war detested Japs, including an uncle of mine. So I started to read about, then purchase stuff of that era. I am now 75, and want them to go to similar guys. I have given friends such things, but I have no idea what they are worth. With Robert (a German) Speilauer's help and other guys, I wound up with more than 20 German snipers. Believe me, I have read every book I could find (hundreds) on WW2, and plan to give them to the Salvation Army. The weapons are another matter. I have never sold such stuff, and have no idea what they are worth. Thus my note to WW2. I am in California, which used to (truly) have huge shows. Democrats have put an end to that. So what is a WW2 sniper worth???