Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damn These Things Look Real

For a little bit of money you could build a great looking[ and massive ] auto weapons display that ,without a hands on, no one would know think was fake. The red tip would have to be painted, of course.
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

I think I'll buy one of the MP44 to shoot Grackles in the back yard, 460 feet per second should prove fatal, especially on full auto.
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Quote Originally Posted by David Mills View Post
    I would really like to hear from 311 or Miles045 about these

They (airsoft) are very realistic, and powerful....if you get hit in an unprotected area you will know it, eye protection is mandatory

the ones we use are powered by gas, Co2 ? I think, I dont mantain them so im not positive

the function just like a real gun, even blowback slides etc, and fit into holsters and such the same

inevitably, it is hard at times to maintain focus when using these...you really have to reinforce fire discipline or the tendacy is to turn the training into an all out full auto war like a bunch of kids, esp. when on breaks

they are much better and more realistic than paintball which we used to use, and much much much better than the parafin wax rounds we used before that : now those wax rounds made it really realistic as in you really didnt want to get shot, much like the real thing LOL! I still have a knot on my arse from one years ago that I volunteered for HAHA

we never have used simunitions for our own training/department, too expensive I guess, though weve used them in trainings put on at other places
    Last edited by miles045; 4th November 2009 at 08:52 PM.

One of these MP-44's is real, and the other is airsoft. The airsoft gun as shown is right out of the box. Since this pic was taken, a repro muzzle nut and European walnut stock were added to the airsoft gun. Now the differences are hard to spot from 10' away. One of the interesting things is that the original and the airsoft magazines are interchangable in both guns. The weight and balance of both guns is exactly the same.

Last edited by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS; 3rd April 2010 at 01:34 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12