Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Known Author and "Expert" caught in act

Rest assured we will NEVER close a thread until the truth is known and published. I think, however, a measured, objective approach is the way to go without speculation. I also think that the silence on the part of the accused party is at best foolish and at worst damning. I do not know of an innocent man who does not raise Hell when falsely attacked.
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Probably the best advice given, by a member to other members, on that OTHER forum;

If this is now a legal matter I would advise all parties involved to comment no further; it could jeopardise the case being brought against Mr Ailsby. I for one hope the truth is bought out and the matter resolved for all parties.This forum is doing the case no good whatsoever allowing this thread to carry on. If Mr Ailsby won the case and then went for defamation of character he would win and leave the owner of this site open for damages.

34,000 views in one week on WAF
    Yes, we`ll bite our tongues....for now....Would be great to find out what happens..and i have a feeling we will. The thread is pinned at WAF, so even though temp. locked, will get the viewing it deserves!
    Love your neighbor►►►►Remember the dead◄◄◄◄ & don't bite the hand that feeds you, because it aint been washed.

With so many Collectors world wide watching this story , I can’t understand why Chris feels that being silent is helping the situation. It would have been in his best interest to settle the whole story as soon as that Thread started and get it over with.
    A sad affair all the way around.

Hey maybe it's in "The English Blood" !!! Look at the lies that came from top scientists at East Anglia !! Now they are trying to say that the e-mails were just ,"Banter' between friends. Your Prez, thinks so. He's going to Copenhahen to seal the deal on The US and us. And don't exhale. It's now a pollutant !!

On this issue, think about it. When you sell something, THEY send you the money FIRST !!! RIGHT ???? If they don't like it, they send it back and you refund the money.RIGHT ??? What's the point of sending something to someone ,with the purpose of selling it, and not getting paid up front??? Does e-bay, gunbroker, gunboards or any legit business, send you the object first and then you pay???? I grew up in NY near NYC. I learned early on what "Quid Pro Quo" meant.If we had the object in one hand, the buyer had to show the money in the other. When he released the money, we let go of the object. After almost 60 years, I still think that's fair and reasonable. Just MHO.[Another internet story to confirm my position on buying over the wire], BB

Quote Originally Posted by gunbb View Post
    Hey maybe it's in "The English Blood" !!! Look at the lies that came from top scientists at East Anglia !! Now they are trying to say that the e-mails were just ,"Banter' between friends. Your Prez, thinks so. He's going to Copenhahen to seal the deal on The US and us. And don't exhale. It's now a pollutant !!

On this issue, think about it. When you sell something, THEY send you the money FIRST !!! RIGHT ???? If they don't like it, they send it back and you refund the money.RIGHT ??? What's the point of sending something to someone ,with the purpose of selling it, and not getting paid up front??? Does e-bay, gunbroker, gunboards or any legit business, send you the object first and then you pay???? I grew up in NY near NYC. I learned early on what "Quid Pro Quo" meant.If we had the object in one hand, the buyer had to show the money in the other. When he released the money, we let go of the object. After almost 60 years, I still think that's fair and reasonable. Just MHO.[Another internet story to confirm my position on buying over the wire], BB
    The guy was Blinded, plain and simple, like if you aint been in the Gun hobby all that long, and show a known gun book author, a guy known worldwide who has written near on 30 books, a piece, and he sweet talks you into sending it to him first, i bet his excuse was..well, it seems too good to be true Lad, you`ll have to send it to me first to check.... and this new guy, who aint been exposed to the Homos, and Sharks or the TR hobby yet, well he trusts you... and this Ailsby pried on his trust, faith and gullibility.. as i guess he has done before.. more stories are coming out now about him.... maybe he intended to Say that the piece was crap, a repro, and keep it then sell it on the sly... Maybe not even thinking that Mongob. would host pics of it. Whatever Mongob. paid, it must be in the 30-50,000 range... so... GREED, plain and simple..

I agree not to burn someone without knowing both sides, but maybe he has other problems?? maybe real problems like a Heavy drug addiction, or gambeling, or debt that needed paying off before someone broke his kneecaps ?? there could be 100 reasons for why he aint paid, and done this sleezy act.. main thing is we get to find out Why? It does seem VERY strange though, i mean, Mongob must have given he SOME cash?? surely enough to cover the initial RIPP OFF price of £6000.- ! That, members, should also be a discussion point, He obviously Knew he could shift it for 30-50,000 as soon as he had it in his hands... so why Rip the bloke off with 6,000.- as a World Wide self proclöaimed Expurt, for Gods sake man, where`s the Honesty, and loyalty to the Hobby, to yourself.... give the man a few dollars extra, how happy would he have been to get a check from Aislby for £10,000.- ?? over the moon, and he could have still made 40,000 Profit, and kept his Ego and Image......
    Love your neighbor►►►►Remember the dead◄◄◄◄ & don't bite the hand that feeds you, because it aint been washed.

You’re absolutely right and that’s what makes this whole thing so strange …it just doesn’t add up. And if he was innocent –why isn’t he screaming bloody murder by now instead of all the silence and blaming it on his computer crashing ? And this issue about the Bank Forms doesn't look good for him at all. If I was Chris and those Forms were legit ..I'd have an officer of the Bank posting on the Forum explaining they were legit to defend my name. PK and many others have taken him on over the years but , something like this has never come up …I know it will get resolved , I just hope Mongo and the Vet’s Nephew don’t lose out.

Just an absolute debacle, criminal in nature, and beneath contempt, if proven true.
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Yeah, Mike, that would be how you and i would react, i would have every doc and email scanned and up for the world to see if i was accused, but like i said, maybe there is much more to it.. maybe the guy has a real problem that we aint thinking about? if he has done this before, (I heard from a reliable source that he has, and for an amount almost twice this size as well before) maybe he needed to pay someone off? and think about this...maybe there are more people than just Him evolved in this? it is, after all, a Huge amount of money in anyone's vocabulary, and when it comes to big money, there are usually a few people eating from the same cake....and those who eat the crumbs from the floor...

Default Thief

The bank documents need to be examined by themselves, identical misspells in two documents a month or so apart, In my opinion its a paste up, he paid someone else and did a paste up on the specific details. If he will provide the documents to the specific bank then thats the way to get things rolling.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast