Thread: MP 40

Default MP 40

Since I have the MP40 bug it has come to my attention that we do not have a thread area to discuss the MP38,40,41. We need to add that.

David, don't buy a tube gun. I paid $16K for an all matching 1943 MP-40. Some said I paid too much. SOOOOooooooooo................. Do I give a s..t? I love the damn thing and what's great was they sent it to me on my C&R because it was a real WW2 gun. If my heirs go to sell it, it will bring lots more than a "TUBE" gun, because it's a real WW2 gun, all matching. I'd rather have a real WW2 gun than some "BOOM BOOM". Just MHO, BB
    Attached Images Attached Images

BB Thanks for the advice!!!!! I have been looking for C&R and havent be able to find one. I agree with you 100%. For me to be able to afford a C&R I will have to sell alot of my collection....Thanks David

Quote Originally Posted by gunbb View Post
    David, don't buy a tube gun. I paid $16K for an all matching 1943 MP-40. Some said I paid too much. SOOOOooooooooo................. Do I give a s..t? I love the damn thing and what's great was they sent it to me on my C&R because it was a real WW2 gun. If my heirs go to sell it, it will bring lots more than a "TUBE" gun, because it's a real WW2 gun, all matching. I'd rather have a real WW2 gun than some "BOOM BOOM". Just MHO, BB
    The IMPORTANT thing is that if you are happy with it, it was worth the money. And, the actual value will exceed what you paid and then some, give a bit more time. All of my machineguns are C&R, not because I like to spend money, but because they are not tied to any license, which can be revoked by the clowns in D.C. a bit easier than siezing my legal PROPERTY. All I paid for was a little more legal insulation from the Liberal (now Prgressive) power mad politicians. Thes open bolt subguns run practically forever if you clean them correctly to reduce barrel wear and extend the barrel life to maximum.