Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions needed please

Default Opinions needed please

I just found this BNZ MP40 for sale. This is "supposedly" a vet bringback---untouched so they say----all numbers match----C&R eligible---What do you MP guys think of this one??? TIA David

More pics to come
    Attached Images Attached Images

David.....I readily admit to being an idiot about the MP40's, but I noticed the jaw marks on the front receiver ring from a pipe wrench or vise-grips. Is this similar to a duffle cut so that the GI's could bring it home, or has the upper tube been removed and replaced?

I would want to inspect it in person. That way, you will see all of what's right or wrong with it. For the money,[you didn't say how much], it is cheap insurance. Once you own it, YOU OWN IT !!! There is no return policy. I looked mine over very carefully to make sure it was "All Matching". Here are some pics. The gun is so sweet to shoot. I can fire it like a pistol. The teeth marks can be from someone replaceing the barrel when shooting it ,to save the original. I thought about it and passed because I didn't want to mar the finish. I also only shoot factory ammo. Here are some pics of mine with the matching numbers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

BB, Thanks for posting pic of yours---wow totally all matching. Schweeeett MP.

I dont know anything to tell you.

But I do find that teh M60 barrel bag to carry the thing in quite humorous. Im gonna have to do that.

I'm clueless too about MP40's. I do like them though!

David Mills,
    This is my first post so please bear with me. Just a couple of things from your MP 40 photos:
    At least from the photos, you are missing the barrel bar, and it appears the rear sight is missing the 200m flip up sight. If you are missing this flip up sight the MP can not be all matching as this flip up sight should be SN to the weapon. These MPs have SN in places most would not even think to look. The bolt handle has what appears to be ayf stamped on the end. If this is so, then this MP is a "modified" variation from the early hook bolt-handle MPs where the handle was changed out and the receiver had the added safety slot cut into it. These modified ones are more difficult to find.

Oh, by the way, I carry my MP40 in the exact same case. A M60 barrel bag. We could start a trend. They are a great joy to shoot. Hope this helps. Bryan

Bryan, Thanks I appreciate it!!! These NFA sellers seem to be kinda strange---expecting you to send them thousands of dollars with only a few pictures and not a whole lot of description.

Default All Matching MP40

I have appraised about (100) MP38/40's in the past 30+ years...

In my opinion.... it is a legitimate all matching MP40. (I would label it an
    "Overstamp"... note the 3 overstamped on the 2, while you usually see this on bnz MP40's... I have seen it before on ayf.)

For additional feedback, I suggest you check with www.mp40.nl
    (I also collaborate with "Alex" on the MP40 website.)

Rich Urich

Thanks Rich---Appreciate the feedback

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast