Thread: Separate but equal threads for Semi's and Full auto's!!!

Default Separate but equal threads for Semi's and Full auto's!!!

I am a serious collector of german automatic weapons....and to tell you the truth, I dont even read the german automatic weapons forums anymore for this very reason. I spend all my time trying to see one real legitimate thread on full auto's and end up wading through 50 references to semi mg42's and mp44's and how excited everyone is that so and so company is FINALLY going to deliver their long awaited item.

Is there some way that owners of this site can separate the 2 into completely different threads???? Is that possible? Or would it somehow be considered discriminatory??? Perhaps some sort of civil rights violation to ask for separate but equal facilities for semi and full auto? And I would also like to ask that someone actually enforce the separation and not just let it slide. Like a sign or something that says "NO Semi's allowed"

Why would ANYONE have any trouble talking about full auto guns here ? Many of us own them. I don't see the problem. If you want to talk about full auto guns, all you have to do is post a message. No segregation is necessary.
    Last edited by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS; 27th April 2010 at 09:49 PM.

I own both so It am interested in what someone has to say about either. I understand that you may want a more focused section but in the interest of the rest of us, one section should suffice for both. Lets face it, most of the members here own guns ,not Class 3 stuff. If they have a class 3, they have one. Many can only afford a semi so they look for info on these "Look-a Likes" because $2000-$3000 is alot of money for them.{It was only a dream for me at one time].Lastly, I think a restricted section would remain empty or stale because this site is set up to talk about all aspects of collecting, not just class 3 stuff. I hope you see the point, BB

On the g43 k43 or the k98 section you don't see 60% of the posts being made in reference to reproduction k98's and reproduction g43's....what you see is people identifying fakes and showing pictures of the real article and so forth. Why should the fact that the gun is a machine gun be any different. Its for COLLECTORS to help glean knowledge about every aspect of these items. Reproduction and re manufactured...then altered to make semi auto....mp44's are not a collectors item. They are an entirely different class of weapons. The focus of a collectors site is about originality and provenance. Not about appearance and obtain-ability....for that matter why not include dummy guns....and mock ups.

Exclamation

I agree fully! I look at a full auto section on any board because I want to see info/questions about full autos - NOT FAKE FAs!
    To me having to wade thru all the semi look alikes is a total waste of time. I would compare it to going to a G/K 43 thread and having to wade thru a bunch of K98k posts. Or go to an antique auto site for Model A fords and fins someone talking about his 28 Chevy - BS!
    Yes, I realize that many of you can not afford a real FA MP 44, or you live in a gun friendly state like illinois where you can not own one, so you are stuck with the semis. Fine have your own semi look a like section.
    Sarge

Okay, it can be done, in the future though, contact me first if you have a suggestion for the site. There's really no reason to get your pants tied in a knot over something like this. If I like the idea and it helps the site, it will be done. If it doesn't, then it wont happen. Look for 2 new sections in the AUTOMATIC WEAPONS portion of the forum, that will deal with semi auto versions and other types of non functional display guns. The old threads will stay however, any new threads will be redirected to the new sub-forums.
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

The guy who started this whole 'seperate threads' is currently becoming familiar with the dirt at Benning School for Boys. Probably won't here from him for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by iron bender View Post
    The guy who started this whole 'seperate threads' is currently becoming familiar with the dirt at Benning School for Boys. Probably won't here from him for a while.
    I thought it was "The Benning School for Lost Boys''
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.