Thread: 1944 SVT-40

Default 1944 SVT-40

I saw a few mentions of 1944 SVTs, so I figured I'd show some PICs of mine, with a new thread, As an added bonus, it has no import marks, and all the Serial numbers are stamped. It looks much like a 1943, with the wide triggerguard, and solid front band. It's the only one I've ever seen...luckily I had the sense to buy it without much thought.
    Attached Images Attached Images

wow. color me impressed.

Drazil, That is one nice rare SVT---without you posting pics of a 44 prob will never see another

These Tokarevs, along with G43's are really my favorite rifles, and to a lesser extent the FN49.... When I see one at a shop or a show, my heart always skips a beat. Don't know why...they just have a certain magic. I think the SVT-40 is my favorite gun to shoot. Haven't shot the 1944....my favorite shooter is a 1940 Izhevsk refurb....I like the non-AVT stocks best. Another PIC....

That is a good looking rifle. I've never gotten a good answer as to whether or not they had shellac on them originally. It looks like yours does.

Question Just bought an Ex-AVT-40?

I just bought an SVT-40 that appears to be an ex-AVT-40 dated 1944. The first letter of the serial number and a variation of it underneath the handguard and above the date appears to be a kind of A or does it mean the Russian letter D? Is this unusual for an SVT? Thanks