Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just What Kalifornia Needs, MORE Gun Laws

Quote Originally Posted by WaA623 View Post
    I thought you guys still had C&R license ? And there are handgun laws like ours ??
    oops, yeah we still have C&Rs (for now). one handgun purchase per 30 days is the law here.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by kar98k View Post
    oops, yeah we still have C&Rs .
    Lucky dog, It cost my fifty five bucks to my dealer to to do the registration every time I buy a gun
    Last edited by WaA623; 3rd July 2010 at 08:40 PM.

Tell him the full story of C&R's in Kommie-fornia. C&R's are really no good except for buying from out of state. If you see a C&R gun in a class 1 ,[Gun Dealer], shop, you still have to go through the paperwork and waiting period just like anyone else !!!! Now if you have a "Certificate of Eligibility", that the state will issue for about $200, you can take the gun with you,but still have to do all the paperwork. The Feds issue you a C&R that says you can buy C&R guns for collecting purposes but the state says that that's no good. They also want to know about you and charge $200 for a stupid redundant piece of paper that duplicates the Feds approval and call it a Cert of Elig.. Biggest bunch of bulls..t ever come up with. Needless to say, I never got one. Hell, the only thing it was good for was pistols and even then, the dealers didn't know about it or understand it and in many cases refused to go along with it. Anybody could buy a C&R long gun from anyone else ,with no paperwork as long as it was 50 years old or older.

Over there my C&R was worthless, over here, why have one. I can buy an AK-47 in less than 10 minutes and walk out the door. With my State CCW, you don't even have to call it in.What a difference a river makes, BB IN AZ

Quote:
    "Over there my C&R was worthless, over here, why have one. I can buy an AK-47 in less than 10 minutes and walk out the door. With my State CCW, you don't even have to call it in.What a difference a river makes, BB IN AZ "

A C&R is still good to have in Arizona if you wish to buy an eligible gun from another State. Another use I've found for mine is checking in guns for a flight. The TSA people will give you less hassle if you can show them you have a federal firearms license even though in this case it really doesn't mean anything.
    Jim
    Thomas Jefferson, of Virginia:
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Thanks ,Jim,I recommend to all that you get one because It discourages any local cops from asking stupid questions. I also use it when I travel, BUT I never thought about showing it to the TSA idiots. When I travel with guns, I take them apart. Most of those knotheads don't know how to put a gun together so they don't realize that all the parts are there to make a complete gun. I tell them, "It's just gun parts, not a complete gun". It could be complete but you have to know what you're doing !! BB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12