Thread: Jungmädel (Hitler Youth) Unit Pennant –NY SALE

Default Jungmädel (Hitler Youth) Unit Pennant –NY SALE

Here is an original mint condition (double sided) Jungmädel Gruppenwimpel (Pennant) that would have been the Unit Standard. It only has a fragment of the Red RZM tag left but ..it has all 3 clips and is multi peice construction ..no stains no rips , not even any fading of the colors. This is a large Pennant and as you can see ..it displays well.
    Here’s a nice overview of the organization – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungm%C3%A4del

After the Gleichschaltung in 1933, the League of German Girls became the only girls organization in the Third Reich. All other groups, to include church groups and scouting organizations, were either absorbed into the Hitler Youth or forbidden. In 1936, the First Hitler Youth Law, made membership compulsory for all girls ages 10 or older. The same law also made membership in the male Hitler Youth compulsory for all boys above the age of 10.
    New members had to register for their service between March 1st and March 10th of every year. Registration was held at a local League of German Girls administrative office, which was generally located at the local Nazi party building, called the Braunes Haus ("Brown House"). Girls had to have completed fourth grade and meet the following requirements:

be of racial / ethnic German heritage
    be a German citizen
    be free of hereditary diseases

If a girl met those requirements, she was assigned to a Jungmädel group based on the physical location she lived at. In order to become a full member, she had to now attend preparatory service which consisted in her participation of one Jungmaedel meeting, one sports afternoon which was to include a test of her courage, and a lecture about the tasks of the Jungmädel.
    After she fulfilled these requirements, a ceremony was held to introduce new members into the rank of the Jungmädel on April 20th, Hitler's birthday. During the ceremony, new members were sworn in, presented with a membership certificate, and personally welcomed by their group leaders.
    In order to become a "full" member, however, each girl had to pass the Jungmaedel Challenge (Jungmädelprobe), which consisted of participation in a one-day trip with the group, and a number of sports requirements. Girls had six months to meet all the requirements of the Jungmädel Challenge and, on October 2nd of each year, those who passed became full members in another ceremony where they were officially presented with the right to wear the black neckerchief and brown leather knot.
    A girl was then a full member of the Jungmädel and remained in the group until the age of 14, at which point she transferred into the League of German Girls.

The numbers show that this belonged to Jungmädelgruppe 17 of Jungmädeluntergau 768
    Price -- $500.00 (Plus Postage etc)

Ok, MIKE. you are killing me. Look at the quality of that pennant. Incredible ---is each panel individually sewn? looks like it D

I know ...this one is unreal and , if my Wife woul
    ...I better not go there --it's for sale.
    (I was thinking about grabbin it though)
    Yes each panel on the Diamond is sewn on ...This would look great framed

That's a nice one Mike - you should grab it! Take the wife out for dinner she'll forget all about it

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    That's a nice one Mike - you should grab it! Take the wife out for dinner she'll forget all about it
    We're in Food Service so ..that won't work (already thought of it)

Very nice, did you add it to your collection??

Lorenzo
    Working Together To Help Preserve Iraq's Military History!
    http://IraqMilitaryHistoryForum.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqi Militaria View Post
    Very nice, did you add it to your collection??

Lorenzo
    Nope ..I never owned it. I was trying to help a Gent I know sell it.
    He probably still has it.