Thread: M1 carbine bayonet info

Default M1 carbine bayonet info

Hi guys just picked up a m1 carbine. Its an inland and made in 11/'43.

Need to aquire a bayonet and was wondering which one would be correct for this gun. Looks like they made a rubber and wooden handle version. Which one would be correct for this year rifle? Tried to google search but no luck. Thanks for any help.

It's my understanding that the M1 carbine was not made to accept a bayonet during WWII---no bayonet lug---the bayonet lug added post war--Korea. The correct bayonet for that period would have a leather handle--- not plastic

Ditto to Davids comments. Every guy I ever met that was in WW2 said that they never saw a bayonet or a place to put one.BB

Your right guys. Thanks for the info. Turns out my carbine was sent to the arsenal and upgraded for
    Korea. Apparently they put a bayonet lug and adjustable rear sight on most guns. Oh well still a sweet
    gun and one of my favorites to shoot. Leather handle m4 bayonets are going for around 150 bucks on eBay in excellent shape. Gonna keep my eyes peeled at local gun shows to find a better deal.

I might have one I will sell you ---let me check