Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Japanese Machine Gun Camera

Quote Originally Posted by dblmed View Post
    Congrats! Mike

That Machine Gun Camera is just about the most unusual (and the neatest)
    piece of Japanese Militaria that I've ever seen! Ultra-Rare! .. Dave/dblmed
    Thanks Dave ...We've been kinda tied up for weeks now so , sorry I missed your post
    As you can see , it still has cans full of original Film (right hand compartment) and I don't know if they are all unused ...it would be great if one was exposed and I could have it developed

Default machine gun camera

Hello,
    Im new to the forum but when i saw this thread i wanted to share some information. My daughter has one of these amazing cameras. I examined it and it appears to be almost new.THe mounting rings bearing surfaces are still wrapped in a type of paper. The three aluminum film cans do have film in them. I have finally found a film company who will look at the film in a darkroom and let me know if there is anything on the rolls. I plan to do that on monday. As far as we know the camera had not been out of its case since it was brought back from Japan in 1946. THe case has been banged around an lost a hinge somewhere but everything is there except the tools (wrench etc)

If someone can tell me how to post a picture i will be happy to do so.

Many thanks

That is so cool i dont even know what to say,,

wow,,ebay huh?? every once inawhile you can score the motherload
    on there,,,my turn next!!

Quote Originally Posted by medhist View Post
    Hello,
    Im new to the forum but when i saw this thread i wanted to share some information. My daughter has one of these amazing cameras. I examined it and it appears to be almost new.THe mounting rings bearing surfaces are still wrapped in a type of paper. The three aluminum film cans do have film in them. I have finally found a film company who will look at the film in a darkroom and let me know if there is anything on the rolls. I plan to do that on monday. As far as we know the camera had not been out of its case since it was brought back from Japan in 1946. THe case has been banged around an lost a hinge somewhere but everything is there except the tools (wrench etc)

If someone can tell me how to post a picture i will be happy to do so.

Many thanks
    Hi Medhist and welcome to the Forum ...sounds like you have a great Camera and , I'd love to see it !
    When you post ..look right below for the "manage attachments" button. When you click on that ..a window with 10 "Browse" buttons comes up ..if you click on the "Browse" , it will give you a choice of where to find the picture you'd like to attach.
    it's really easy to get the hang of.

Default Japanese machine gun camera

As i mentioned, i took the cans of film into the photo lab. They were empty but there is a spring steel spool assembly in each can which they assume was a take up reel.
    I should mention that I am the only person in north america that doesnt have a digital camera. After seeing The original photos on here i will need to get more taken.

More to follow
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Japanese Machine Gun Camera on ebay

Hi Niblet mentioned that some day he may get lucky enough to find one of these cameras on ebay. So when I saw the same camera listed on ebay titled; WW2 Japanese Konica Minolta Rokuoh-Sha Type 89 Camera, I thought that he may want to see it so here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT
    Last edited by militarybuff; 20th November 2009 at 04:35 PM.

Thanks for listing that ...if one of our members bids on it , they should contact the seller for a better close up shot of the serial number stencil on the box to make sure the number matches to the Camera ...I'm not sure if it does because of the shot. Might also be a good idea to ask if there are any cracks in the yellow plastic dome cover and if the spring mech still works when you pull the trigger.
    It's missing some tools/oil bottle/remote cable etc and does have a lot of wear but ..it's in decent condition considering.
    This set will still sell for a lot more than the $57 it's at right now so it is well worth bidding on.

The Auction just closed and , I am a little shocked it sold for only $560
    Someone got a great deal.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...OIBUAA:US:1123

If this had been listed 2 years ago , I bet it would have sold for at least double that amount.

I hope one of our members won it and will post some great close ups

Mike

I have seen several different variations of mg cameras, over the years of collrctuing japanese items...Yours in in great shape...one of the best and most complete...
    It won,t hurt to ask a good film developer if the film cam be developed, without damage...
    Let me know if you ever want to sell it?
    I believe, but not 100 percent certain, yours is from a fighter...also, these guns were also mounted for combat...you never know what of who is on those films

Great find
    Andy

Default Japanese Machine Gun Camera

I am getting one ready to sell for a client. Just like yours except your case is original and the one I am selling has been painted black. Tools are missing but everything is still there and in excellent condition. The owner even took shome photos with it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast