Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MY FIRST G41

Default MY FIRST G41

WELL...I BOUGHT MY FIRST G41 AND IT IS A (M), AND A PROJECT GUN...I LOVE THESE KINDS OF GUNS..IT MAKES GUN COLLECTING A LITTLE MORE ENJOYABLE FOR ME; AND TAKES AWAY THE LACK OF INTREST AT TIMES...IT MAKES IT MORE ENJOYABLE FOR ME WHEN I GO TO THE GUN SHOWS HUNTING DOWN THE PARTS...I WAS JUST GETTING TIRED FINDING THE GUN I WANT AND THAT WAS IT...I STARTED TO VENTURE OUT INTO MACHINE GUNS & CIVIL WAR CARBINES, BUT THAT ONLY LASTED FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS...
    MY LAST COMPLETED PROJECT WAS A JAPANESE TYPE89 MG...I TOOK ME ABOUT 9 YEARS TO COMPLETE THAT ONE AND I HAD FUN DOING IT...IT ALWAYS KEPT MY INTEREST AND I HOPE THIS G41(M) WILL AS WELL...THIS TIME I HAVE THE LARGER THAN BEFORE INTERNET SOURCE...UNLIKE THE T89 WHEN THE INTERNET WAS BASICALLY IN ITS INFANT STAGE WHEN I STARTED THAT PROJECT...
    SO HERE IT IS ..I WILL POST PICTURES LATER...THIS IS WHAT I NEED...ANY HELP WITH SPARE PARTS YOU MIGHT WANT TO SELL OR ANY LEADS, WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...
    I NEED THE STOCK, HANDGUARD, CHARGING HANDLE, BOLT, BAYONET LUG (I WILL USE A K98 FOR THE TIME BEING), I HAVE A K98 UPPER BAND, BUT I THINK THE G41(M) IS THICKER. I NEED THE LOWER BAND ( AGAIN I WILL USE A K98), TRIGGER GUARD, MAG, RECOIL BLOCK & PUSH RODS...IF SOMEBODY CAN LOAN ME THIER's? I CAN HAVE THEM REPRODUCED...AND THE RECOIL BLOCK SPRING & ROD...(I THINK I CAN USE G43 PARTS HERE. I WILL HAVE TO CHECK MY G43 TO SEE IF IT WILL WORK?)
    WELL WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? TAKE AWHILE? THATS OK BY ME...IT WILL BRING ENJOYMENT FOR ME BACK INTO THIS GREAT HOBBIE OF OURS...
    I KNOW BY THE TIME I AM FINISHED, I COULD HAVE BOUGHT ONE CHEAPER, SINCE MINE WILL BE MIS-MATCHED ANYWAY...BUT THIS GUN HAS BEAUTIFUL BLUEING AND A MINT BORE...NO PITTING OR DAMAGE OF ANY TYPE..

THANK YOU
    ANDY

I have only held on once, very interesting rifles. I am in for pics.

It would be great if you could post a lot of shots showing the condition when you started ..and then keep updating this Thread so we can track how the project is progressing.
    "If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. "
    -Winston Churchill-

"Do we really need 'Smart Bombs' to drop on these Dumb Bastards ? "
    -PFC Snuffy Smith-

I will try and post pictures this weekend

Thank you
    Andy
    Last edited by GUNHEEP; 14th July 2011 at 02:31 PM.

PICTURES OF MY G41(M)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Say, that looks like a good start.

Bought the laminated stock from Les in poland...can't wait for it to get here...another piece of the puzzle...eventhough it is a repro, i am going to try and make it look period for the rifle..so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb...Wa135 eagle stamp would be nice and some numbers, if anybody knows who can help with this?

Now if i can only find the rest of the parts, things will be great !!!

Working on two guns i need the following g41(m) parts

Laminated stock & handguard
    2 charging handles
    1 complete bolt & carrier
    Trigger housing
    Mag, spring & follower
    Muzzle cone
    Front sight base cone
    Piston cone
    Piston cone retainig washer/ bushing
    Bayonet lug

I will use k98 parts for the other stuff....so i need Wa135 marked parts in at least 85% original finish...no pitting...
    H band
    Spring
    Lower band
    Butplate & screw
    5 trigger housing screws

Thank you
    Andy
    440-525-4689 cell

Received my laminated g41(m) stock today from Leszex Foks in Poland and it is fantastic....excellent craftmanship...drops right in and is tight..probally a better fit than the orginal...i am very pleased..
    If anybody is looking for a g41, g41(m), (w) or g43 stock, just to shoot and keep the original safe..give Les a call..i had it ship to my door in about two weeks...

Here is his contact information

Leszek Foks
    Chrobrego 39
    89600 Chojnice
    Poland
    lestekf@gmail.com

Thank you
    Andy

There was a guy on the G/K43 Forum who did a project with a G41(M) - maybe 4 years ago. As I recall he had to manufacture some parts as he could not find any.

I would get you the thread if I could, but I got banned from that site.

Roger

That would be great...you should still be ale to look around the site...just not be able to post any threads

Thank you
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogerbutthead View Post
    There was a guy on the G/K43 Forum who did a project with a G41(M) - maybe 4 years ago. As I recall he had to manufacture some parts as he could not find any.

I would get you the thread if I could, but I got banned from that site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast