Thread: Mitchell's Mausers on steroids

Exclamation Mitchell's Mausers on steroids

Could 't get my scanner to work so took some shots. Tell me this isn't enough to make you puke. This was a full page add in shotgun news this week.
    And whats with the tactical S**T????Also the crapo pledge from the Mitchell himself.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i knew they had a certain amount, but seeing all those ruined 98ks lined up really pisses me off.

how the HELL is this despicable company allowed to continue?
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

I havent figured out how they havent been sued for fraud must be the appropriate language they use in their adds which prevents it. Seeing all those K's in a row OMG---when many are looking for even RC's---

I have met people that were proud of their Mishitell Mausers !! I stood silent. BB

Quote Originally Posted by gunbb View Post
    I have met people that were proud of their Mishitell Mausers !! I stood silent. BB

Yup, me too. They are so proud of them too and seem confused and a little patronizing when you pull out your "old" K98k. Kinda like, what are you, stupid? Why didn't you do as I have done?

KJ

I have sorta mixed feelings about this operation since, as near as I can tell, they start out with mixed numbered clunkers that aren't all that collectible anyway. So they really aren't destroying much of value anyway. However, I also think their advertising is very misleading and borders on fraud. I guess there's a place for this kind of "restoration" either for re-enactment of as shooters.
    There'll alway be a segment of the population that want's "something purty" and to hell with originality and this company is meeting the requirements of that segment. Just look at all the nickled and chrome plated Lugers that are still floating around.
    Jim
    Thomas Jefferson, of Virginia:
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

The blatantly false advertising is what sticks in my craw.
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Havent seen or heard much on the much vaunted "new" reproduction K98's since the grand announcement in The American Rifleman last year.
    Wonder how well,or how badly that little enterprise is doing....seems like you would @ least see some advertising around by now.

Being a business owner myself I fell a little guilty wishing a fellow entreprenuer failure.....but as an honest businessman I have no sympathy for anyone who misrepresents a product or service and fails as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by agalland View Post
    Havent seen or heard much on the much vaunted "new" reproduction K98's since the grand announcement in The American Rifleman last year.
    Wonder how well,or how badly that little enterprise is doing....seems like you would @ least see some advertising around by now.

Being a business owner myself I fell a little guilty wishing a fellow entreprenuer failure.....but as an honest businessman I have no sympathy for anyone who misrepresents a product or service and fails as a result.

I'm with you, if the joker were to honestly advertise his guns, then I would not give a damn.
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

When someone presents their prized Mitchell's Mauser to me I nicely ask them if they would like an objective analysis or if they would prefer I just said it looks nice is a safe shooter and not explain the truth about Mitchell's Mausers.

This gives them a hint a serious ego deflation is pending and they can opt to remain in their Ignorance is Bliss state but must request that fantasy or they get the low down.

Most want the truth but as I explain it they have the look of me telling them I have evidence their wife has been sleeping with their brother written on their face.
    It can be painful to watch, seriously, because they really felt they had a gem only to find out they had a turd.

i know the feeling as I once bought an "all matching " K98k off GB and later i decided to sell it because it was "too valuable to shoot" only to see my gun and me on a forum being made fun off for having a humped rifle.
    So, I do empathize with the revelation a Mitchell owner feels and as I see their face I am reminded of my humiliation

Both are sobering learning experiences

Mitchell has deceived hundreds/thousands of people and I bet that fraud sleeps just fine in a big house on his swindled money

Wulfmann
    "The right to keep and bear arms should not be infringed upon, if only to prevent tyranny in government"
    Thomas Jefferson,; Constitutional debates