Thread: Buyer Beware of Mike Kokal "Wildmouse" on Gunbroker

Default Buyer Beware of Mike Kokal "Wildmouse" on Gunbroker

Recent Gunbroker bid I "won" from "Michael Kokal of Frederick Maryland" kokal1@aol.com ... 98k Parts listed in "as new" condition...GnBr.com ITEM 255510867 and 255510865 Auction

1. bolt serial number had been ground off of the bolt handle (photo did not show grind area on bolt stem.)

2. The rear sight assembly had engraved the importers name and address on side of rear sight assembly.

3. Money Order Payment sent in Priority Mail, the listing said he would ship Next Day Air if Money order sent. Instead, he eventually ships First Class Mail.

His photos of parts listed were taken so as not to show "bad areas"
    No response from seller as to problems with his parts.
    I am out $180.00 (could have been worse.)
    Rich Urich

Rich, Gunbroker has a system to turn in fraudulent sellers---beware tho they are usually on the sellers side. Save pics of the actual auctions because they will disappear and take lots of pics of items you received and explain the desception---coverage for fraudulent claims is up to $400. My advice is dont let the seller get away with it. There is a time limit on when you file a claim so "gether done!!!". Another suggestion is to contact Wilhelm and have him whoop up on the guy in the meantime!!! LOL

Gunbroker customer service is no help to buyers. I was scammed by GB seller " sovieteve0118" and gunbroker customer service was no help even after i sent them copies of all harrasing & vulgar emails . I was sent a beat turk bayonet instead of the k98 bayonet i won. Gunbroker said to send back the turk bayo and see what happens. All you can do is spread the word on every gun/collector forum about him.

Mauser98 unfortunate but all so true!!! Anyone want to see pics of my trophy Radom--I paid $1200. and really not worth $200.??

There's crap on both sides of the internet sales. I don't ever buy except from legit businesses or people I know, like David Mills. I have sold stuff and had the buyer complain and say he was sending the item back and so e-bay gave him all the money back including the postage I had to pay to send it to him. The returned item was not what I sold and so I was screwed with no help from e-bay.
    Recently, I sold an item to a Russian in Moskow. After 43 days, he says he never got the item. He filed a case with E-bay to get his money back. I had taken out insurance on the postage so to the USPS I went. They refered me to a phone number/claim who said they would check and get back in 25 working days. In frustration, I called E-bay to find out how long it must be from the date of shipping ,before a person has no claim. He says, 45 days !! Now not only do I smell a RAT, I see him !! So I give The E-Bozo the Customs number and he says, "Oh this is great info" !! He says that the Customs number shows it was in Moskow 10 days after being shipped and also shows some action after that. The E-Bozo then states that I did everything I was supposed to do and he cancels the case. Lesson NUMBER 1, always put the Customs/Tracking number on the E-bay item description. The E-Bozo says that they don't expect me to chase the item around Russia. If it shows it made it there, then I'm done.

So I say to all of you, Check the sellers profile. Save your money and hit the big shows.Best bet, buy what you can hold in your hands, not what you see in pics from a 1000 miles away, BB

Good advice BB

Rich, Should you decide to complain on GB lets us know how it goes, please!!!