Thread: MP-40 Blank Firing Gun

Default MP-40 Blank Firing Gun

I recently saw an MP-40 that shoots blanks at a show. The seller said it was made in the 1960s or 70s in Japan. It had some use and character to it. Can anybody fill me in on these things? He wanted $1000. I don't want to buy it as I would rather spend $1000 on a gun that shoots. I'm just curious as I've never seen on of these before and it was neat.

Well I can add a little here. I have a blank firing UZI that was made during this time period by a Japanese Company called Marushin. The gun operates as follows:
    You disassemble the 9mm "plug fire" cartridges supplied with the gun and insert a special type of cap in the cartridges. The cartridges are then reassembled and loaded into the guns magazine. The gun should then fire in full auto as a rod in the barrel enters the tip of each cartridge when it cycles, hit the cap and set it off. This apparently works a lot better in theory than in practice as I've never been able to get my UZI to operate successfully.
    I also had an MP 40 of similiar design that I never attempted to fire but I don't remember who made it. I sold that one off years ago to someone who wanted to use it in a display.
    Jim
    Thomas Jefferson, of Virginia:
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

I have a Marushin MP-40 and an AR-15 for sale if anyone is interested. $500 for the pair, BB