Thread: Price check on Garands

Default Price check on Garands

Saw a Garand in a pawn shop on consignment. Checked her out. All WW2. Stock sanded (cartouche gone), unmoded op rod. Barrel looked either grease packed or.....I hesitate to say, abused and not cleaned. But all right. Slotted cylinder lock screw,not crosstip. Any idea on prices? Do we have a place to sell on our forum? I have not been a member long.

Without pics its hard to give a determination on value---also need to know the manufacturer---for instance Winchesters and a few others bring an added premium. Just FYI the stock probably wasnt sanded but a replacement unless you can see some remnants of cartouches. Yes we do have a place to sell on the forum----Its in the classified section-----here is the link to sell long guns.

http://ww2weaponsforum.com/forumdisp...rade-Long-Guns

It is a Springfield, and I am sure the stock was sanded.....as whoever did it used a little to heavy sandpaper. Not quite 20 grit pebble paper...but probably 80! It fits great and other than what I mentioned ,is in good shape. But pictures are out of the question until I buy it. But I have handled enough to know original finish and parts. But, again, the barrel might be ,shall I say, not so good? Thank you for the link. No one is moving on it. Its just not that kind of shop. I reckon I need to pull the trigger, or move off the firing line!

They sell here in Arizona for $500 on up, or should I say people are walking around with them with that price and they may get a bite. No body buying at $600. We need another WW2 Movie like Saving Private Ryan , BB

Paid $400.00 for my 1943 Springfield. Hope this helps.

Bill

REALLY? WOW! They go way better here in the Eastern US. Complete WW2 that is. You can't get them for $500 at CMP. Thanks for the input anyway. I will go another route.

Bought at CMP lowest grade is $499.00 / Nice all original WW2 Garands regularly sell around here in the $1200.00 range / mixmasters sell around $700.00
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

JEEZ...Sounds like I got a real good deal on my M1

Bill

Thanks Dave and everyone else.