Thread: High On My List for this Summer's Visit To Germany

Default High On My List for this Summer's Visit To Germany

Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Hi Dave, I was there a few years ago and it was one of the best military museums I have seen. Most all of the tanks are indoors so they are in excellent shape. You will not be disappointed. Germans love their museums.
    Bernie

Too bad, someone put a muzzle brake on The Sherman. Otherwise, a great grouping, BB

Darn they have some great German armor. Fantastic!

Exclamation

I was fortunate to have been a guest at the original opening/dedication of this museum many years ago. At that time only the headquarters building and one display building had been completed. There was lots of different armor setting around the area under trees. We also saw some vehicles under restoration in the shops.
    At that time everything in the one building (German) was in operating condition. I got to play with their MK 4 a year or so previously when it was trucked down to the Auto und Technik Museum in Sensheim for use at a large military vehicle display and road march. We actuallt drove a bunch of this stuff out around the country side for a full weekend. I have both still u. movies of that weekend - including me riding in a 222 u. on the Mk 4. Typical German spring weather - cloudy and rainy.
    I need to go back and look at this one again, now that all the buildings are finished and everything is on display.
    Sarge

It is a great museum and like the museums at Bovington and Samur put our sites to absolute shame.
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.