Thread: SVT-40 Tokerov

Default SVT-40 Tokerov

Hello,

I saw a very nice SVT-40 Tokerov for sale in a California gun store complete with what appears to be the proper mount and scope. It is in excellant shape. The scope is marked 1940. I can't tell if the scope is an original or a Russian made replica. It is a short tubed scope and the optics are very clear which leads me to suspect it might be a replica. Anyone know what to look for to determine if it is original? Replicas with the proper mount can go for more than $400. The price is a rather steep $1500! I haven't seen one in years and not in this nice of condition. Is this a fair price for this rifle if it has a period correct replica scope or is this way too high?

Thanks!

Meindert

Default Tokarov

The correct mount will run between 700-1100, unless some originals have come in lately. I bought one from Finland about 20 years ago and it cost 700 then.

Quote Originally Posted by sepp44 View Post
    The correct mount will run between 700-1100, unless some originals have come in lately. I bought one from Finland about 20 years ago and it cost 700 then.
    I would suspect that this mount would be a replica This rifle would be a steal if in fact the mount was an original. Is there a good way to tell if the scope mount is an original or a replica?