Thread: Value of a SVT-40

Default Value of a SVT-40

Hello

I saw a very nice SVT-40 Tokerov for sale in a California gun store complete with what appears to be the proper mount and scope. It is in excellant shape. The scope is marked 1940. I can't tell if the scope is an original or a Russian made replica. It is a short tubed scope and the optics are very clear which leads me to suspect it might be a replica. Anyone know what to look for to determine if it is original scope and/or mount? (Even replica scopes with the proper replica mount can go for more than $400.) The price for this rifle/scope combo is a rather steep $1500! I haven't seen one in years and not in this nice of condition. Is this a fair market price for this rifle with a period correct replica scope or is this way too high?

Thanks!

Meindert

(P.S. I incorrectly posted this in the automatic weapons thread so I reposted here. Sorry!)

Funny but according to the AWB that Commie-fornia did in 2000, that's an assault weapon. It is centerfire, has a detachable mag and a FLASH SUPRESSOR. It can only have one according to the law. Otherwise, I think that's a high price unless the mount is real, BB

Default Value of a SVT-40

Quote Originally Posted by gunbb View Post
    Funny but according to the AWB that Commie-fornia did in 2000, that's an assault weapon. It is centerfire, has a detachable mag and a FLASH SUPRESSOR. It can only have one according to the law. Otherwise, I think that's a high price unless the mount is real, BB
    Interesting comment. I have to say this gun store is careful to the point of absurdity about doting their i's and crossing their t's but I believe you may have a point there. I will check this out.

Thanks!

Meindert

Default legality of the SVT-40 in Kalifornia

Quote Originally Posted by sirdutch View Post
    Interesting comment. I have to say this gun store is careful to the point of absurdity about doting their i's and crossing their t's but I believe you may have a point there. I will check this out.

Thanks!

Meindert
    They are legal because they dont have a pistol grip and the "flash suppresor" is really compensator. Thanks for the comment anyway. It's good to stay informed on this stuff if one lives in restrictive states like Kalifornia

the only real way to tell an authentic SVT 40 sniper from a fake one is the groove dremmelled into the back of the receiver where the scope mount sits. some fakes are pretty good but usually they are obviously fake
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by sirdutch View Post
    They are legal because they dont have a pistol grip and the "flash suppresor" is really compensator. Thanks for the comment anyway. It's good to stay informed on this stuff if one lives in restrictive states like Kalifornia
    and it's a full size rifle round not an intermediate assault rifle round. anyone give you sh*t about it you have my permission to beat them to death
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by gunbb View Post
    You just want to come back, and you know it! SVT's are still legal here in Kommiefornia, and depending on condition, sounds like a fair price here in the "Golden State"!

NOT !!!! Not Not Not !!! That gun is a "Wobbler" as we used to say in LE. Get some needle-dick rookie and an asshole judge and you in a heap o trouble boy. You say compensator and dah man say flash supressor and who you tink gonna win ???? The problem with Kommie-fornia is too many stupid conflicting laws and too many jerks looking for a photo -op . The Colorado River is todays WW2 Rhine between Nazi Germany [KA],and Switzerland,[AZ]. Just my HO, BB

I'll stop in when it's cooler over there in the Alps! Just don't forget, when in Kommifornia, muzzle brakes, no such things as compensators and flash hiders!

Double G ,you say that because you live in Hysteria and eve' body knows you don't go dere afer dark, BB