Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silenced Tommy Gun

Default Silenced Tommy Gun

So I came across this in an Arms room at West Point (and got to shoot it). Anyone have any idea the origins of that? Completely baffled me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When people fear the government there is Tyranny
    When government fears the people there is liberty.-Thomas Jefferson

Just my 2 cents, made for special forces early in WWII? Then replaced with the silenced M3.
    Willi

Perhaps for OSS use.
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

That is too cool looking, I have never seen anything like it on a Thompson.

I may have to borrow that idea.

Thank you for posting.

Pit.

I'm going what Willi said, made for special forces early in WWII. maybe for the Rangers or OSS. it looks very old.

Default Rangers

Maybe, but just for the record I dont think Rangers were special forces back then. Hell they're not now.
    When people fear the government there is Tyranny
    When government fears the people there is liberty.-Thomas Jefferson

Here's an example pictured in the book "Silencers,Snipers & Assassins By David Truby. As noted it wasn't particulary effective.
    Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by james m; 16th April 2012 at 09:56 AM.
    Thomas Jefferson, of Virginia:
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

The Ranger's were some of the "first special forces" and did start in ww2.they were trained with these type of weapons, in Scotland, by British Commando's and OSS. they fought in Dieppe,north Africa,Sicily,and D-day,Normandy. bad mother ********

Quote Originally Posted by 19landser42 View Post
    The Ranger's were some of the "first special forces" and did start in ww2.they were trained with these type of weapons, in Scotland, by British Commando's and OSS. they fought in Dieppe,north Africa,Sicily,and D-day,Normandy. bad mother ********
    Way late to this discussion, but had to mention that you forgot Anzio where the 1st Ranger Battalion (Darby's) was decimated. My neighbor was there and spent the rest of the war in a POW camp.
    Denny Gaither

Default are any of the tommy's 45 that are demilitarized worth any thing?

my 85 year old friend asked me to give him a price to buy his 1941 thompson 45,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what are there worth when they welded up...................
    Quote Originally Posted by lostcause39 View Post
    So I came across this in an Arms room at West Point (and got to shoot it). Anyone have any idea the origins of that? Completely baffled me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast