Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fake ZF4 scope rig

Default Fake ZF4 scope rig

Hope no one gets stuck with this one....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320892943903...84.m1438.l2649

looks like the scope someone put it on a wirewheel to clean it up.i wish i would find that in a box of parts!

help me out here, what's the obvious that says "FAKE" ? I see the guide hole, and to me it looks good, thanks, BB

Is it one of those Thuringen Militaria repro's? Been artificially aged?

I am guessing the 359 - 569 stamp is what gives it away?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I don't know squat.

Thumbs up THANK YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Rogerbutthead View Post
    Is it one of those Thuringen Militaria repro's? Been artificially aged?

I am guessing the 359 - 569 stamp is what gives it away?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I don't know squat.
    Thanks for the info. You know when someone points it out, it becomes the obvious. That stamp looks like S**T

Agreed !! I now have focused my eyes, gotten out the magnifying glass and I CAN SEE !! I have to say, if at a show, I would have probably bought it, but not for $800 without a real close look at the stamps and such. Thanks Rogerbutthead, BB.

Default F A K E ????

I dunno what the difference is in a fake when it comes to items like this. I will say that I am pretty good at detecting "fake" or non- New Old Stock motorcylce parts. I recieved an e-mail from an individual that provided me with a link to this site. I just had to register just to say "Thank You" for being so negative about my "treasure". Upon further investigation, I have revealed to all who are watching this scope, that the 3 digits in the center of this mount actually read "359". Once again, I appreciate the negativity !!!! Have a G R E A T day !!!!

Well, Rogerbutthead .made the E-bay ad !! None of the rest of us were considered worthy of disparagement for our opinion. Even Roger just postulated . Amazing how someone can get their nose out of joint just because we all expressed an opinion . The angrier and madder a seller gets, the more I become convinced that we hit a nerve and there's more than meets the eye in his lashing back.Probably just my old cop instincts . I always felt that if it looked bad, don't buy it. The " little voice" in the back of your head is actually your sub-concious ,digging up past experience, and reminding you of past mistakes . The funky "359" would be enough. The $1400 plus helps also, just MHO, BB

Default REBUTTAL.....

Just from my inexperience in the scope, and mount business, I would say that I did very well. Its not that my nose is out of joint as you put it, it is that there are still some worthy people left in this world, and I am one of them. As for all of your opinions, I value each, and every one of them as it helped me to have a better idea of just what I had. Just a FYI, I have another scope, that is a HENSOLDT WETZLAR "DIAL 3 X " scope, and a can that is marked with "domestic pack" dated June 1954 that came out of the same parts bin. Maybe you can express your opinions, and/or interests in these items. Hell, I would almost give these away since I did fetch $1798.00 for the ZF 4 scope......Have a G R E A T day ! Thank you !!!

If Prusakowski says something is X, I would bet that Prusakowski is right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast