Thread: My New Jap Type 99 LMG

Default My New Jap Type 99 LMG

Like I had a baby !! After 9 months, I finally got cleared and picked it up today. This gun comes in 2 calibres, 7.7 Jap and 7.62X39. All you do is change the barrel and feed tray. Can't wait to take it out tomorrow and shoot it. BB
    Attached Images Attached Images

that's fantastic.

if i haven't said it enough, i really hate being back in Kalifornia. i swear to god...
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Man, that is one cool piece. I have never got to shoot one of these. Let us know how it shoots.
    Willi

That is awesome, I have a friend who has one of these though sadly, I haven't been able to see it.

Cool, February 1945 dated.

The man who dies with the most toys wins, congratulations.
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

E-mail me at nd65bjb@gmail.com if you want to see a video of it. It is FAST is all I can say. Shot 100 rounds because I brought 100 rounds. If I had more, I'd still be there. Does not like Steel cased ammo. Sticks in the chamber, BB

Default 99/7.62x39

Quote Originally Posted by gunbb View Post
    E-mail me at nd65bjb@gmail.com if you want to see a video of it. It is FAST is all I can say. Shot 100 rounds because I brought 100 rounds. If I had more, I'd still be there. Does not like Steel cased ammo. Sticks in the chamber, BB
    BB, these guns do have poor primary extraction issues. If the head space is set a little tight or the chamber is rough or dirty, cases can stick. With proper adjustments, steel cases of any kind in 7.62x39 should not be an issue. The extractor spring could be weak as well, and sometimes the extractor spring cup is the problem. Good luck. JH

Here's another - brought back as a dewat by a vet. Notice the scope - ignore the 60's decor.
    This is a Tokyo Arsenal, August 1943 gun. Picture taken 47 years ago, with a Polaroid camera.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Denny Gaither