Thread: Bulgarian AK Waffle Mags

Default Bulgarian AK Waffle Mags

Has anybody used the Circle 10 Bulgarian AK mags from Arsenal? Are they worth it for $33? My combloc steel mags work just fine, but these look kind of neat.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-MGAIM47W

No. I always thought the East German ones were the best. Maybe get one and try it out.
    Willi

Bulgarian are good, but why pay so much?????
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

AK mags can be very collectible. The original Bulgarian military waffles were steel reinforced and are considered to be the best polymer mag made to date for the AK---possibly even better than steel. I have some of the older original waffle mags and they are excellent but, to me, it's pretty much impossible to beat the 'ol pound per magazine slabsides from the '50s.....they truely are indestructible! But IIRC, although they externally look identical to the older waffles, these new "arsenal inc." mags are not steel reinforced. If that is in fact the case, I wouldn't buy them. They simply are not going to stand up to real use over time. Original Bulgarian military mags sell for about $25-30. I have some of the older original mags and they are excellent
    Last edited by Wilhelm; 16th September 2012 at 08:04 AM.