Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STG 44 Turned in !!

Default STG 44 Turned in !!

http://www.necn.com/12/08/12/WW2-wea...9&feedID=11106

Must have been papered or she had the capture papers. BB

At least they have some sense, that fu*king idiot Bloomberg would have chopped it up.
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

"And that's why they will allow the owner to sell the gun." This quote made my day. Good for them and her obviously. I think the valuation is a little on the high side though.

Quote Originally Posted by KSH67 View Post
    "And that's why they will allow the owner to sell the gun." This quote made my day. Good for them and her obviously. I think the valuation is a little on the high side though.
    The ONLY was this could happen is that this STG 44 was amnesty registed in 1968 and the owner was able to prove this once she was made aware of the value. Otherwise unless a museum,police dept. or other institution wanted it as a display item it would have been subject to destruction.
    Jim
    Thomas Jefferson, of Virginia:
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

good lord, woman! do some research! and what about sentimental value? your father brought it back and you just give it up?
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by kar98k View Post
    good lord, woman! do some research! and what about sentimental value? your father brought it back and you just give it up?
    Liberals hate guns, all guns.
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Quote Originally Posted by james m View Post
    The ONLY was this could happen is that this STG 44 was amnesty registed in 1968 and the owner was able to prove this once she was made aware of the value. Otherwise unless a museum,police dept. or other institution wanted it as a display item it would have been subject to destruction.
    Jim
    the gun also could have been registered in the 40s via F-6 as many were or with a F-1 for years prior to the amnesty. The old F-1 had a box to fill in "Date Acquired".... the good old days.

Dang police department know it all needs to join this site LOL! I am gonna have him appraise my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    At least they have some sense, that fu*king idiot Bloomberg would have chopped it up.
    Hey Dave, a few months back, three elderly Jewish women showed up at the precinct with an early 80s, select fire Uzi 9mm, it had been in their apartment for nearly 30 years. You know where it will end up.

Quote Originally Posted by clntnlvr View Post
    Hey Dave, a few months back, three elderly Jewish women showed up at the precinct with an early 80s, select fire Uzi 9mm, it had been in their apartment for nearly 30 years. You know where it will end up.
    Can you check the registration and possibly salvage it? The info is restricted because it is "tax information"... but you could contact the local ATF office who can check it - if it can be saved by being returned to a registrant or estate representative, in my experience ATF will help out. You could turn it over to them for follow up - or maybe it just plain got reported stolen?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast