Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mp40 ja ja ja ja

It is fun, but ammo costs are becoming prohibitive today.
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

I love my MP40, but you can't beat a good belt fed for fun...here's me shooting my friends PKM. I feel for all of you non-MG state guys.

Quote Originally Posted by frankj23 View Post
    Here in Kalifornia, it is illegal to have any full auto gun, federal license or not.
    Toxic state.
    That is incorrect information -
    At the state level.
    Here in California a civilian can get a DOJ Dangerous Weapons Permit - with machine-gun tab -
    Or DD, AW, .50, AOW, SBS, SBR.
    *The DWP by definition of being a permit for an AW, is also a de-facto hi-capacity magazine permit - and allows you to buy, possess and import into the state hi-capacity magazines (obviously you cannot sell them in CA.) The DWP is not a license to sell anything.

The Officially termed DOJ Hi-Capacity magazine permit is something else and requires a business license and FFL dealer license.

The DWP is not easy and is quite expensive - but if you work in the motion picture business as I do - full-auto firearms are a part of our livelihood.
    ISS in Sun Valley CA has one of the most complete selections of full auto in the country - every firearm, even revolvers have to be transferred in and out with paperwork to the armorers renting - for that we have an EFP - the bare bones permit for entertainment work.

I take my permit/license folder everywhere I go - have been spot checked a dozen times on set, that's just how it works here.

There are other professions that can warrant a permit - and DOJ decisions are on a case by case basis.

At the federal level - but, also requiring a CA DOJ DWP.
    There are also many Class 07 holders who have paid for an SOT who can buy, import into the state, build and possess full auto.
    Law enforcement/military dealers, designers, gunsmiths and one or two high-end collectors.

PLEASE - Consult the DOJ website - it's all there in B&W.
    The info. on getting the permit, how much it costs, and what you need to do, in terms of storage and transport of said weapons, how much each may or may not cost in fees per year - is all on the DOJ site.
    Last edited by pitfighter; 4th December 2014 at 11:43 PM.

My video for the MP-40...

Thumbs up

Hmm, MP 40s - I can relate to owning them.
    I got my first MP 40 in about 1955 or 56, long before I ever heard anything about having them registered.
    Come the amnesty in 1968 I registered about 5 or 6 different guns including a couple of MP 40s.
    I now have 9 - 4 new tube guns (bottom of photo) and an MP 38 and 4 MP 40s (all different years).
    3 of the tube guns are matching parts kits with the new tube numbered to match.
    Sarge
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by frankj23 View Post
    Here in Kalifornia, it is illegal to have any full auto gun, federal license or not.
    Toxic state.
    Not if you have an FFL and an SOT. I know a dealer in California. I guess it's about the only legal way you can own one there.
    Thomas Jefferson, of Virginia:
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Decades ago, I met a rich guy who said he was a dealer in full auto weapons - trying to sell to police departments - he had a dealer sample MP40.

I had a hard time believing that any law enforcement type would ever believe that he was trying to sell MP40s to police departments. However, there is no doubt that he had a MP40.

Beautiful gun.

Thumbs up

All you had to do to get a dealer sample of anything (IF it was available from an importer) was get a letter from a police/sheriff dept stating they were interested in looking at/possibly purchasing that gun.
    I did it with several that no dept would ever think of having, but they were willing to give me the letter of interest.
    Sarge

Here are a couple of pictures of me shooting an MP40. The first one is me shooting a friends matching numbers vet-bringback a couple of years ago. The second one is me shooting an MP40 at Knob Creek in Spring of 2013.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12