Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1916 imperial Luger

Really neat holster !! Guns are around but the holsters are hard to find in decent shape and with great unit marks as well.Better yet, in the Brown .not dyed balck as was done in WW2. I have a WW1 Luger that was captured in WW2. It is in a Police Holster with 2 matching mags. The holster is stamped numbered to the gun . Nice find, BB

I bought a Police 1914 Erfurt Luger with a 1920 stamp from a son of a vet who brought it back from WW2.
    There are no Nazi marks on it. I was kind of surprised to hear that it came back after WW2 but figured anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryTorch View Post
    I bought a Police 1914 Erfurt Luger with a 1920 stamp from a son of a vet who brought it back from WW2.
    There are no Nazi marks on it. I was kind of surprised to hear that it came back after WW2 but figured anything is possible.

No only possible, but likely, given that only 22 years elapsed between the end of WW1 and the beginning of WW2 , and the masses of equipment that were left over, from that conflict, were either issued to the Weimar era Police and Army or hidden from Allied disarmament inspectors. Hitler only begins secret rearmament in 1933, which for the first few years means reissuing the remaining serviceable WW1 weapons and using them until production of new weapons can increase. The occupation of Czechoslovakia, was the real ace up Hitler's sleeve because the Army gained enough weapons to arm 12 Infantry Divisions and it also gave the Germans over 300 excellent light tanks, which were used with great success as the Panzerkampfwagen 38(t).
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12